Fort (Admiral's) Point
Fort Point was established in 1748 by the British in order to protect the mercantile assets that had been established in Trinity. The Fort was destroyed in 1762 by the French during a take over of the Town however was rebuilt in 1812. The site in 1871 became a Light House Station and was operated as such with a year round Light House Keeper until the 1990s. Fort Point today is still operational as a Light House Station and interpretation is provided on the history of the Fort over the years.
Location data provided by the operator. Please confirm location before departure.
Coastal trails, beaches nearby, military and fishing history
Driving distances and calculations derived using Google Maps. Actual driving times may vary. GPS coordinates have been provided by tourism operators. Please confirm location with operator before departure.
Special Offers from this Operator
* Offers are subject to availability. Taxes are extra. You may have to pre-book and/or mention
the promotion at the time of booking. Please check with the operator for more details.